Easy to make and fun to eat! This strawberry pie pops is perfect snack for kids! We included the recipe for strawberry preserves with minimum amount of sugar, so add more if you prefer sweeter!
Strawberry Pie Pop
- ¾- to 1-inch heart cookie cutter, optional
- 2 3/4- to 3-inch round cookie cutter
- 12 bamboo skewers, about 5-inch long (cut in the half if it’s too long)
For Strawberry Preserves (makes 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries (about 10 strawberries)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
For Pie Pops
- 2 (9-inch) round pie sheet , ready-to-use
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves (12 teaspoons)
- 1 egg , beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Turbinado sugar, whipped cream, or ice cream , optional for serving
- To make the strawberry preserves: Add strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and zest into a small sauce pan and heat over medium high heat. Once boiling, turn it down to medium low, keep stirring to avoid burning, and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until no white chunks are visible and the sauce thickens up. Remove from the heat and set to the side to cool down.
- To make the pie pops: Center a rack in the oven and preheat it to 350ºF. Line a parchment paper on the baking sheet. Dust a working surface with flour and lay 9-inch pie sheet on. Then, cut out 2¾-inch rounds using the cookie cutter, 12 rounds can be cut out. Repeat for the other pie sheet. If it’s a bit tight towards the end, just streach out the dough to cut out a clear round. Total 12 set rounds (2 per set, 24 rounds total) should be made.
- Place a stick of skewer on 1 cut-out pie round, leaving a gap 1/4 to 1/2 inch away from the top of the pie round. Put 1 teaspoon strawberry preserves onto the center and spread by reserving 1/4-inch gap from the edge.
- Cover the pie with another round of pie sheet and seal the edge with form. Brush the egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar on top. Repeat this for 11 more pies.
- Place the assembled pies on the layered baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy as is, or serve with powdered sugar, whipped cream, or ice cream!
More strawberry ideas!
Sacramento’s berry season is beginning to start, and it’s easy to find juicy and…May 2, 2023
Fresh Strawberry Mimosa
Let’s get bubbly with Mimosa made with icy cold prosecco and freshly squeezed orange…May 1, 2023
Strawberry Pie Pops
Easy to make and fun to eat! This strawberry pie pops is perfect snack…May 1, 2023
Ted Lasso Season 3 Party & Trivia quiz download
It’s finally coming and we’ve been high fiving trees all week because we can’t…March 13, 2023
Persimmon Vinaigrette Recipe
This tangy and sweet persimmon vinaigrette is a perfect way to use fall persimmons.…February 28, 2023
Lime Caesar Dressing Recipe
This Lime Caesar dressing recipe is fun and perfectly fresh! It’s way better than…September 15, 2022
Natural Pink Frosting Recipe
This natural pink frosting recipe is perfect for Valentine’s Day! It’s a beautiful shade…January 7, 2022
Simple Mandarin Salad Dressing Recipe
This tart and sassy mandarin salad dressing is perfectly refreshing! It’s a simple citrus…December 10, 2021
Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes
These brown butter pumpkin cupcakes are easy to make and always perfectly moist. Brown…October 18, 2021
Nacho Bar Party Food
Nacho bars are great for pot-lucks or buffets, large groups, and is also great…October 10, 2021