Miso and Carrot salad dressing is a slightly sweet and slightly umami salad dressing that pairs well with bitter arugula. We love making this dressing and serving it with a basic salad of tomatoes, cucumbers, and arugula – by keeping the salad simple, the robust dressing really shines. Since the dressing calls for apple, this dressing is best used within 24 hours.
- Food processor or blender
- 1 carrot, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp dried giner
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2-4 tbsp water, for consistency
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Blend all the items together until smooth, adding water to achieve the desired consistency. Add salt and pepper. Serve with lettuce and use within 24 hours.