Adorable cotton candy mimosa is mixed with grapefruit for an easy drink. It’s bubbly, sweet and tangy, and a perfect party in a glass. Easy treat that only requires 3 ingredients.
This sparkly and bubbly Cotton Candy Mimosa is so fun and refreshing. We love that the grapefruit lends a bit of tangy to the champagne, while the cotton candy adds a playful and sweet ingredient to the drink. It’s really fun and sassy and and an unexpected departure from the classic mimosa.
We whipped this drink up the other day, and it’s been our go-to brunch drink lately. Not only that, but even at night, we found this drink the perfect compliment while we played Katan. I’m not quite sure why strategy games and pink, bubbly champagne pairs together, but they did.
This would be the perfect drink for anytime you want to surprise your guests with something a little bit sassy and unexpected.
The simple ingredients for the Cotton Candy Mimosa…
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- Grapefruit juice (prefer fresh, though if you don’t have fresh squeezed, then the kind in a carton is fine)
- Cotton candy!
- A friend to share it with (okay, not necessary, but always a great addition)
Get your clean glass and pour grapefruit juice in to taste. I prefer more grapefruit juice than champagne, so I add a bit more. For our recipe, though, we try to do a ratio of 1/3 juice to 2/3 champagne.
Next, top with chilled champagne.
Right before serving, top with a giant cloud of cotton candy.
It’s best to place the cotton candy on top of the glass immediately before serving, or the cotton candy can shrink and lose its fluffiness, which could be a major party fail!
If you’re passing these along as a gift, print out the super incredibly cute tag! You can add this with your packages, and gift away.
Perfect for brunches, Mother’s Day, or a sweet surprise.
Cheers! Here’s to celebrating champagne and cotton candy!
Perfect for gifting!
Download free printable from here :
Our recommendations and quick notes…
- Fresh grapefruit juice. If you can’t find grapefruit, then SimplyGrapefruit Juice is the next best thing. I tried making this drink with Lakewood’s best, and for some reason, the combination tasted really bitter. But hey, in the name of recipe testing, I will have no problem testing grapefruit juice and champagne again and will report my results once I’ve tested Lakewood’s brand again.
- Cotton candy is also called fair floss. How cute is that?! Do fairies really floss with sugar?
- Here’s the key. Don’t get any color except pink and be sure you don’t get SWIRL. The first time we test ran this recipe, I’d purchased Target’s multi-colored cotton candy. Bad idea, because as soon as the colored cotton candy mixed with the champagne, it resulted in a gray, slightly blue, champagne. Which did not look like a party in a glass and looked kinda, really unappetizing. So, for the sake of everyone drinking it, try to find a plain pink cotton candy.
- Top the champagne with cotton candy right before you serve it. Literally, right before. Otherwise, the effervescent bubbles from the champagne will react with the cotton candy, and cause the cotton candy to shrink and retract. Sad mistake to make. See shrinking cotton candy gif 😂 —>
- Cotton candy dries out incredibly fast, so once you open the bag of cotton candy, just ensure that you put the rest in an airtight container to use later.
- Now that I’m looking up cotton candy on Amazon, I’m finding tons of fun flavors. These look like they’d pair well with champagne, though I’m not sure how they’d affect the color. Well, in the name of science, I see more recipe tests coming up soon.
- Sprinkle cotton candy with edible glitter or sanding sugars, for more dazzle.
- If you’re gifting these little sweets, these are pretty and affordable.
- Depending on your budget and size you need, we found these 3 cute baskets. This berry basket would be cute with an actual, fresh, grapefruit for a farmhouse vibe. And this little black basket and this one, are minimalistic staples that would look cute with any colors. Check your size and get a basket that can accommodate all your goodies.
Looking for other fun recipes? Try these instead…
*This post contains affiliate links for your convenience and to support the cost of operating this blog. Thanks for looking!
Cotton Candy Mimosa with Pink Grapefruit juice
- 1/3 cup pink grapefruit juice *juice from 1/2 pink grapefruit.
- 2/3 cup sparkling wine *1 small bottle of wine. (187ml)
- pink cotton candy
- Pour pink grapefruit juice up o 1/3 of the glass.
- Slowly pour sparkling wine to the glass.
- Top with pink cotton candy.
Top 10 New Year’s Eve movies matched with a drink to remember – Film and foodNovember 3, 2021 at 8:30 pm
[…] as we call it in Australia Fairy Floss!). Here’s the recipe from Salt Harvest Creatives blog; Cotton Candy Mimosa with Pink Grapefruit Juice. […]