This delicious and ridiculously easy recipe is a great way when you’re getting tired of the standard morning fare of scrambled or fried eggs. You can toss in a variety of veggies (tomatoes, arugula, pesto, etc) and variety of cheese (sharp, brie, Swiss) for an ultimately creamy and easy meal.
My 11 year old and I made this meal together and despite having creative differences – we still found the end result delicious. I forgot to grab eggs at the store, so we only had our Bantam chicken’s tiny eggs, and it threw off the cooking time slightly. If you’re using regular grocery store eggs, adjust the cooking time to 8-10 minutes for runny yolks.
The recipe is pretty basic and doesn’t need much explanation.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 whipping cream
- 1-2 tablespoon chives
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 eggs
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- parsley for garnish
Turn oven onto 425. Sautee the butter over medium high heat in a 10-inch oven safe pan, then toss in the spinach and tomatoes. Stir until the spinach has wilted and the tomatoes are starting to sweat. Toss in the heavy cream and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese together and whisk until combined. Quickly crack the eggs into the cream mixture, top with bacon crumbles and remaining parmesan cheese, and transfer the pan to the oven. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until they’ve set. Pull out, serve immediately, and enjoy with toasted bread!
Creamy Baked Eggs and Bacon
- 10 inch oven safe skillet
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesean cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2-3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Set oven to 425 and rack in the middle.
- Over medium high heat, melt the butter. Once melted and the pan is hot, add the spinach and cook until wilted. Toss in the tomatoes and cook until sweating.
- Gently pour in the heavy cream and add the parmesean cheese. Whisk to combine.
- Gently add cracked eggs into the milk mixture. Top with crumbled bacon and remaining parmesean cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until eggs are at the consistency you prefer. Remove from heat and serve.