This Bridgerton inspired Lavender and Rose Tea Recipe is akin to taking a stroll through a British Regency garden. You’ll find subtle rose and lavender fragrances paired with a rich, black tea. Perfect for your high tea and Regency parties – you’ll just need to find your own Duke or Dutchess!
Bridgerton Inspired Lavender and Rose Tea Recipe
Okay, we admit. We finally got on the Bridgerton bandwagon. We were big fans of Shondra Rhimes back in her Grey’s Anatomy days. And seriously, back then, we couldn’t think of a more perfect cast with McDreamy, McSteamy, Hunt, or Avery Jackson.
But then, Rhimes knocks it out of the park with even more gorgeousness featured in her new Netflix show, Bridgerton. Swoon worthy dukes, handsome brothers, and the stunning Bridgerton sisters. Not to mention fabulous costumes and incredible musical renditions. We are in love.
So, inspired by the sassy Bridgerton show, we concocted this Lavender and Rose Tea Recipe. Perfect for binging your favorite high Regency show…though sadly, it won’t magically concoct your own Duke and Dutchess.
Ingredients for Lavender and Rose Tea…
- 2 bags of black tea
- rose water
- lavender infused simple syrup (recipe included)
- heavy cream
You’ll want two medium pots. In the first pot, make your lavender simple syrup. In the second pot, you’ll make your black tea.
For the simple syrup, mix equal amounts of sugar with equal amounts of water. Since this is a lavender infused simple syrup, we added 1 teaspoon of fresh lavender. You could half a teaspoon of dried lavender if you don’t have any fresh lavender available.
Boil all three ingredients over a rolling boil, for about 8-10 minutes. The liquid should reduce down and get slightly thicker. Remove from heat, and let sit. As it cools down, it will thicken up. If you want to add food coloring like we did, incorporate it now. We mixed our simple syrup with 1/2 teaspoon of ube powder for the gorgeous, lavender color.
In your second pot, combine 2 cups of water and 2 dark tea bags. Allow to steep for several minutes over a low boil, until the tea is dark. Remove from heat and quickly blend in .5 teaspoon of honey and .5 teaspoon of rosewater.
To assemble your drink, spoon 1 tablespoon of simple syrup into the bottom of your glass. If you want the simple syrup to be visible, we prefer a narrow glass. Next, gently pour about 1 cup of hot tea over the simple syrup. Lastly, add heavy cream.
Turn on your favorite episode of Bridgerton, grab a box of Kleenex and chocolates, and you’re set.
A few notes about our Lavender and Rose Tea Recipe…
- If you don’t have Netflix and you want to know what the hype is about, the book is your next best option. There are several books in the series and they’re all incredibly popular. Here’s the one we feature in our post!
- We used fresh Lavender for our post, but you can find dried culinary lavender here. I love having lavender on hand, because I find it has many uses. You can use it for simple syrup, making your own scented salts, making your own poultice, and you can crush the lavender between your fingers for aromatherapy! If you use can’t find 1 teaspoon of dried lavender, then use 1/2 teaspoon of dried lavender.
- For our natural food coloring, we used Ube powder. It hardly has a taste, and it gives the simple syrup a beautiful coloring.
- For tea, any black tea will work. English breakfast or Earl Gray or even Assam or Black tea will taste scrumptious.
- Rose water is a popular ingredient in Indian foods, and we purchased ours from an Indian grocery store. It’s often just a few bucks at the Indian grocery store. Or, you can purchase from Amazon, but I think you’ll pay a few more bucks. Just be sure you get an edible rose-water, and not a rose facial tonic on accident.
*This post contains affiliate links which help us in the cost of operating this blog. Thanks for looking!
Bridgerton Lavender and Rose Tea Recipe
Lavender Simple Syrup Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lavender
Rose Tea Recipe
- 2 black tea bags
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp rose water
- heavy cream, to taste
Recipe for Simple Syrup
- Boil water, sugar, and lavender in a pot. Boil for about 8-10 minutes, until the water has reduced.
- Remove from heat and let cool until thickened, about 15 minutes.
Recipe for Rose Tea
- Boil 2 cups of water, honey, and rose water with tea until dark, until steeped.
- Add one tablespoon of syrup to the bottom of your glass. Layer with 1 cup of black tea, and top with milk. Stir and drink immediately.
- Mix lavender syrup with half a teaspoon of ube powder.
Looking for other fabulous recipes? Check these out…
This Bridgerton inspired Lavender and Rose Tea Recipe is akin to taking a stroll…January 18, 2021
What’s cuter than a sweet, pillowy soft cookie bar?! Why, one that you make…January 9, 2021
A trifle is such an easy dessert and it can be made for any…October 13, 2020
Other TV-inspired Recipes:
Do you like Ted Lasso show? Try our Ted Lasso Biscuits Recipe!