Mandarins are sweet and tangy, and are positively effervescent! This Mandarin Mimosa Recipe is a fun twist on the classic mimosa and all you need is hand-squeezed mandarin orange juice and sparkling wine!
Mandarin season is one of my favorites because I absolutely adore mandarins. The season runs from mid-November to January, and there are several local orchards around us. Visiting the farms is a fun way to spend the day, plus you can get bags of fresh, juicy mandarins! Though we eat the Mandarins as is, sometimes it’s fun to create a little recipe featuring our favorite fruit. This week, we felt inspired to create a Mandarin Mimosa Recipe!
Check our our post about mandarin orchard around Sacramento area!
Hand-Squeeze Mandarin Oranges
To make 2 glasses of mimosa, I used 4 medium~large size mandarins. They yield about 8 oz of freshly squeezed juice.
I love to use this mini citrus squeezer. Not only does it squeeze the fruit, but it also stores juice underneath. It’s quite handy, and we use it for lemons, oranges, and mandarins!
Now, you are ready to make mandarin mimosa
First, pour sparkling-wine about half way into both glasses. Next, add your freshly squeezed juice to top it off. Last, top with a slice of mandarin… and ta-da! Enjoy!
Super easy, right? Cheers! Happy Mandarins!
I got this fabulous idea from a gentleman I met at the Snow Citrus stand at Roseville Farmers Market! Thank you for the Mandarin Mimosa Inspiration!
Our favorites (this post contains affiliate links)
- Mini citrus squeezer – This is the best tool for citrus lovers.
- This hand squeezer is handy and cute as well!
- Tall champagne glasses
- Sparkling wine – Less-expensive like Cava or Prosecco are the best option for mimosa. I used mini bottle (187ml) of Zonin Prosecco, delicious dry Sparkling wine from Italy.
Mandarin Orange Mimosa
- Citrus squeezer
- 4 medium~large mandarin oranges yields about 8oz of squeezed orange juice
- 1 small bottle sparkling wine I used 187ml (6.3oz) bottle.
- Squeeze oranges and store in the fridge to chill.
- Pour sparkling wine into glasses up to half way.
- Pour squeezed orange juice.
- Top with sliced oranges.