There is nothing better than a Trader Joe’s hack, and this Trader Joe’s Appetizer Recipe is incredibly easy. It’s got protein, dairy, and veg in it. It’s delicious, easy, and a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
We love Trader Joe’s. Meg and I go there all the time and we have our favorites. It’s such a happy place, where everyone knows your name. For those of you that don’t live near a Trade Joe’s, it’s a cute national store with a huge and adoring following. Trade Joe’s makes and packages their own items and you can find a nice selection of international products. This is one of our favorites.
This recipe is one of our favorites recipes and we reach for it at least once a week. It’s incredibly easy to toss together, it’s super healthy because it’s packed with lentils and cheese, and it’s really versatile. We eat it on bread, with arugula, on tiny toast slices. It’s a total win because it takes about 3 seconds to assemble and everyone loves it – there’s never any leftovers because we devour it all.
For this recipe, you just need 3 ingredients…
- Trade Joe’s Lentils, in the fresh packaged section.
- Trader Joe’s fresh bruchetta sauce
- feta, any type will work, but I get the Greek feta from Trader Joe’s
- your favorite loaf of bread, since, for this recipe, we’ll be putting our salad on toast slices
Slice your bread and toast.
Then, grab a large bowl while the bread is toasting.
Dump lentils in a large bowl and slightly break up with a large spoon. Next, toss in all the bruschetta and all the feta. That’s it. Or, if you’re feeling super lazy, just dump everything in at the same time and break up with a spoon. Details, details. The order doesn’t matter. Trust us, just get it all in the same bowl and mix.
That’s it. Eat by the spoonful. Put it on toast slices. Toss with arugula. Add fresh parsley and jalapeños. The possibilities are endless. And since it’s so easy, it’s a dream to put together in a pinch. In fact, it’s midnight as I’m finishing this post and guess what I decided to snack on while writing?!
You guessed it – the lentil and feta salad.
A few more details on Trader Joe’s Appetizer Recipe…
- There are multiple ways to adapt this. Add arugula or artichoke, swap the lentils for garbanzo beans, add jalapeños and fresh veggies, squeeze a fresh lemon over it. In fact, we’ve been wanting to try it with tuna, because that sounds like a super fancy tuna and lentil salad!
- Toss it with arugula
- Put it on toast slices
- Eat it plain
- Add on to scrambled eggs
Trader Joe’s Appetizer Recipe – Lentil Salad
- 1 container Trader Joe's Bruschetta
- 1 container Feta cheese
- 1 box pre-made lentils
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced and toasted
- Dump everything into one bowl.
Looking for other yummies to try? Check out our other recipes…
Tried this recipe? Please comment below. This post may or may not contain affiliates to help the running of our site. Thank you!