This Crispy Prosciutto and Kale healthy breakfast cooks in less than 5 minutes, and only needs 4 ingredients. Fried prosciutto, sautéed kale, and creamy egg make this recipe staple in my house.
This recipe is one of my favorites, mainly because I love the rustic flavors that each ingredient showcases. The hearty kale is tossed with salty prosciutto and then topped with a fried egg that coats everything in a creamy yolk. Soooooo good and so simple. It’s also a breeze to whip up, and kid friendly. Even though this Crispy Prosciutto and Kale recipe only calls for 4 ingredients, don’t let the simplicity deceive you; it’s uh.may.zing.
Super easy, super good, and super quick..
Whip this up in less than 10 minutes, with olive oil, kale, prosciutto, and 2 eggs. For starers, I get a bag of pre-cut kale from Trader Joes. It makes my prep-work so much faster.
Start with a dose of Olive Oil – just enough to coat a sautée pan. Heat over medium high heat. Once it’s sizzling, I toss in the prosciutto. I like my prosciutto crispy, so I leave it in the oil for a few minutes until the edges start to brown.
Then toss in 2 cups of kale. The kale cooks quickly, so gently mix it with the prosciutto. You can cook the kale until it’s cooked how you like, then remove kale and prosciutto from the pan.
Once you remove it from the pan, get a new pan (or use the same pan, if you’re feeling lazy like me), and add another glug of olive oil. Once it’s heated, fry up your egg.
Cook your egg, we like Over-Easy eggs, because you seem to get the both of both worlds: crunchy fried edges and a creamy yolky center. Place egg on top of the kale and prosciutto. Grab a side of crusty bread, fresh lemonade, and you’ve got yourself brunch!
A few easy notes …
- You can adjust the recipe to your taste – more kale, less kale, and much much more prosciutto (because it’s really just fancy bacon), and the end result will still be tasty.
- Before frying the egg, season the pan again with more oil. This way, the egg will be easier to fry and flip. I love this silicone spatula; it’s got soft edges and makes flipping a fried egg easy. Plus, since it’s silicone, you’re less likely to break the yolk when flipping.
Rustic Kale, Prosciutto, and Fried Egg
- Sautee Pan
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Chopped Kale
- 2 slices Chopped Prosciutto
- 2 Large Eggs
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil in sautee pan until hot.
- Once it's heated, add chopped prosciutto. Fry prosciutto until crispy on edges.
- Add 2 cups of kale, and sautee with the prosciutto. Stir with spatula until desired kale starts to wilt.
- Remove kale and prosciutto from pan, divide the mixture, and place into a two serving bowls.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil to sautee pan and heat. Fry eggs. Once eggs are cooked, place on top of the serving bowls.