Feel like channeling your inner wizard and indulging in Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice Recipe? This recipe starts with a crisp, apple cider base and then finishes with notes of creamy pumpkin. Of course, you’ll need to find your own ticket to Hogwarts and get sorted into a House, but we’ll provide the Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice Recipe!
This warm Pumpkin Juice is the perfect accompaniment for your Harry Potter movie marathon.
Okay, okay, okay. We know that authentic Hogwart’s Pumpkin Juice is served cold; however, due to the chilly weather and crisp air, we thought it’d be fun to create a Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice Recipe that can be served hot, so that it resembles pumpkin cider. Top the drink with whipped cream, and you’ve got a creamy hot cider that’s a magical combination.
But, if you’d like, you can also serve this over ice.
The how-tos for Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice:
First up, gather your ingredients. Since the base of this drink is apple cider, we’ll first make apple cider.
For the apple cider base, you’ll need:
- Apples, sliced
- Oranges, sliced
- Lemons, sliced
- Cinnamon sticks
- Star anise
Next, place all the items in the Instantpot. We used an 8 quart Instant Pot for this recipe. Seal the lid and turn the Instant Pot on for 15 minutes. Once the cycle is complete, let it naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release until you can open the lid.
Then, let the cider cool for about 15 minutes, or until it’s a comfortable temperature for you to handle. While you’re waiting for it to cool, get a large bowl and set your cheese cloth over the bowl. Pour the liquid with fruit into the cheesecloth, and then squeeze the juice through the cloth to remove the fruit. Capture the juice into your bowl. Now, you’ve made apple cider!
Grab your wizard’s wand to magically turn the cider into Pumpkin Juice, and follow along…
Ingredients to turn the cider into Pumpkin Juice:
- Pumpkin puree
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin-pie spice
- Caramel (optional)
- Whipping cream (optional)
Now, gently dump the brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree into the cider. Give a few stirs with a whisk, and you’ve got Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice!
We top ours with whipped cream and caramel for an amazing treat that any muggle and wizard will love!
A few notes about Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice:
- Brown sugar is optional. For a healthier version, you can swap out or adjust the sugar and add maple syrup or honey. Though I’ve done both, I ultimately feel I get better results with brown sugar.
- Our version is featured hot, but you can chill it or serve it over ice.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- Looking for another holiday recipe?! Try this Eggnog Dalgona recipe!
Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice
- 8 Quart Pressure Cooker
- cheesecloth or stainer
- 7 cups water
- 7 apples, mixed
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cinnamon sticks2
- 2 star anise
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- Put all ingredients in the Instantpot and close lid.
- Turn instantpot on, for 15 minutes.
- Let natural release for 10 minutes, and then quick release.
- Using a cheesecloth, squeeze out and strain the liquid.
- Set aside the pulp, and save the reserved juice.
- With your reserved juice, stir in brown sugar.
Turning the Cider into Pumpkin Juice
- Gently stir in the pumpkin puree and spice.
- Top with garnish and serve hot or cold.