It’s fall and it’s pumpkin season. What better way to celebrate autumn than homemade pumpkin pie spice? Whip this Easy Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe up and have it on hand to add a little bit of magic to smoothies, oatmeals, soup, chia, and anything you want a fun festive kick.
This spice is so easy to make, and it only needs ingredients already in your pantry. Making your own is much more economical and frugal than buying a jar from the store, plus it’s more eco friendly since you can recycle and reuse the jar! This easy pumpkin pie spice recipe can be zipped together in less than five minutes and it stores for several months. Make this easy pumpkin spice recipe and add it anything you want to have some autumn magic!
Put these spices together in a small mixing bowl:
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
And then, whisk. And guess what? You’re finished. Store in an airtight jar somewhere cool.
A few notes on the Easy Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe…..
- Meg and I love these mason jars. They’re perfectly tiny for spices (4 ounces!) and they can be used for pudding, chia, snacks…. Plus, you can get these awesome lids, which we like because they don’t rust – unlike the metal jars.
- These last for a loooooong time. Probably could last you several Christmas, but we use up a jar every few weeks. Wanna know why we’re obsessed with using ours?! Because we can use it any any of these recipes…. posted below!
Looking for an excuse to use this pumpkin pie spice!? Our ultimate favorite is in this pumpkin dalgona. Once you try this, you’ll be using the spice up quickly. Sorry not sorry.
Easy Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp clove
- Put ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and mix.
- Store in an airtight jar!