This is a thick sauce that’s perfect for pizzas, sandwiches, or dipping! Fresh herbs give this Quick Pizza Sauce a robust flavor and it comes together in 5 minutes flat.
At our house, pizza nights are chaotic. There’s lots of kids, screaming, crying, running around, and everyone is always, very, very hungry. Which is why I love recipes that make my life easier, and this Quick Pizza Sauce makes my life easier. I can whip this up a few days in advance when I have a spare moment, and then I can even freeze it to use at another time.
It’s thick and rich and is such a great compliment to chewy pizza crusts, mozzarella sticks, sandwiches, pizza roll ups, and there are so many uses for this sauce.
This recipe is so incredibly easy. There is minimal prep and zero cook time.
You’ll need a can of tomato paste, water, olive oil, garlic cloves, chopped Oregano, Basil, and Rosemary. Then guess what you do? It’s so easy that you’ll hardly believe it.
You just blend it together with a whisk. And that’s it. Really, that’s it!
It’s so fresh, thick, and flavorful! What I love about this sauce, is the texture. The texture is so thick, that it doesn’t drip off your food because it’s too watery!
A few notes…
- This homemade marinara recipe doubles and triples well. Not all recipes can be multiplied, but this one adapts well to larger amounts. Make a large amount and freeze it! Continue onward to the next point…
- This freezes well. Double or triple the batch, and store it in a food and freezer safe container. We love this brand. It’s amazing because it freezer safe and its oven safe. The best part!??!?! It’s reusable, and that’s great because Earth is our friend! Pour a few batches of sauce into something similar to this (and make sure you seal it tight, if it’s laying down). Any pressure can cause the bag to pop in your freezer, and that’s a sad thing. When you’re ready to use it, plunk the bag into a pot of boiling water to defrost! Or, defrost whatever method works best for you.
- You don’t have to use fresh herbs, if you don’t have them on hand! Feel free to substitute dry herbs or even the Italian herb blend, and you’ll still get the fabulous results. The ratio is one tablespoon of fresh herbs to one teaspoon of dried herbs.
Quick Pizza Sauce
- 1 tomato paste, 6 ounce can
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbs fresh oregano
- 1/2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary
- Place everything in a large bowl, and mix with a whisk.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.