Fresh, sweet, and thick – this is the ultimate Mimosa Vinaigrette Recipe. I love pairing it with dried fruit salads, because the sweetness from the honey and the tang from the champagne vinegar is absolute perfection.
I love, love, love buying champagne salad dressing. Well, I did. Until one day I looked at the ingredients. And guess what I saw?! My salad dressing was loaded with so much sugar, food coloring, and unhealthy saturated fats – I felt tricked. It seemed so wrong that something made to dress greens was so full of yucky ingredients! So, what did I do? I decided to create a better substitute. And I’m thrilled with what we came up with. This Mimosa Vinaigrette Recipe is incredibly easy to whisk together and stays for several days in the fridge.
You just need a few ingredients to bring together the Mimosa Vinaigrette Recipe:
- Fresh Tarragon
- Champagne Vineager
- Olive Oil
- Orange Juice
The easiest part?! It doesn’t matter what order you combine the ingredients – it’ll come together all the same.
Whip the ingredients vigorously. The honey will thicken the oil, vinegar, and orange juice which will lend a creamy texture to the dressing. Toss in the mustard and the herbs. Pour over a salad with dried fruit and nuts, and you’ve got a winner.
Another reason I love this recipe, is it’s easy to adjust. Add garlic or shallots, and it’s still pretty fab.
A few quick questions…
- What’s Tarragon? It’s a sweet, delicate French herb that’s predominantly grown in the summer and spring. However, you can typically find it in the fresh herb section of some grocery stores.
- What’s Champagne Vinegar? It’s a light vinegar made from champagne grapes! It has a slight vanilla taste and is very pleasant. It can be used many ways, and here’s a fun post with more information on it. This is the brand I love.
- Do you have to use honey? Nope, but we like how it thickens up the dressing. You can substitute the honey with your choice of sweetener.
- This is my ultimate favorite jar for mixing dressings in. It’s tall, sturdy, and has a lid. I always reach for this product!
- Need something amazing to pair it with? Pair it with our Feta and Date salad!
Champagne Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Orange Juice
- 3 tbsp Champagne Vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp chopped Tarragon
- Combine and whisk all ingredients until thickened.
- Cover and stove in fridge. Keeps in the fridge for about 4 days.